Tuesday 1 April 2008

Munich - Day Twenty Five

Bit of a random one today. I was in the bar of my hostel, playing some pool and drinking a few beers, when I got chatting to Danny, a sharp suited, blinged up guy from Miami who told me he worked for Nike. He was a litle bit overdressed for a hostel bar, but he told me he liked meeting people in places like this. He also told me he was guestlisted and VIP'd at a club in town, and asked if I wanted to come along. I did.

We jumped in a cab with his friend D'mon (I have no idea how to spell his name, but that's how it sounded), went across town to the club, then breezed to the front of the queue. We were ushered inside to the VIP area overlooking the dancefloor, and handed an ice bucket with a bottle of Hennessy and a bottle of vodka, then partied away on all the free booze.

I got home after sunrise. I have no recollection of how I made my way back across town, where I bought all the sausages in buns that I devoured, or whether I even said goodbye to the guys in the end. I hope I did.

Some time later, I woke up and wandered around my hostel room in my boxers, wondering why the group of Americans who had just checked in were giving me such startled looks. I got back into bed, checked my watch and discovered I had slept until 5pm... That'd explain the startled yanks then.

I had wasted a day, but I think the night was worth it. I probably won't manage too many more VIP nights on this trip though.

No comments: