Friday 14 March 2008

Barcelona - Day Eleven

I have ended up staying in Barcelona for several more days than I'd originally planned. There are two reasons for this:

  1. Train drivers in France were apparently on strike the day I tried to book my ticket out of here, and;
  2. I'm having too much fun
I've slipped into a nice pattern of sleeping until the early afternoon, heading out to town and sightseeing for a few sunny hours, then partying with various combinations of people from Hostel Kabul through the night. It's hard work, but somehow I'm soldiering through...

On Wednesday Scott and I had an epic clash-of-the-titans style faceoff at various games after making doubles teams with a couple of Canadian girls. It was civilised enough at the start with a few quiet card games, but by the time we moved on to table football the competition was vicious. Unfortunately though we took some bad advice and ended up at a rubbish Irish bar in the middle of nowhere. The Canadians did a runner and we had to sit through one of the worst dj sets I've ever heard. Had a good night though.

Last night was a bit more successful - headed out in a United Nations style group (Brazilian, German, US, UK, Italian...) and went to a dirty little underground club. Scott had adopted an American guy called Ben for the night - he's lost all his money and has spent the last few days in his dorm to try and save cash - so we bought him a few beers.

A little while later, after Ben had bumped into most of the larger, angrier drinkers in the bar, and was about two minutes away from starting a good old fashioned bar fight, I decided to walk him back to the hostel. It was a long walk, with many people being stumbled into on the way, but my constant apologies for him kept us more or less out of trouble. I think he'll be staying in the dorm again tonight.

I wasn't quite ready for bed, so headed back out with a couple of American girls I met in the hostel reception.

Went to another club.

Got back at 6am.

I need a night off...

No comments: